Helpful Tip #142
Highlight your index at the back of the NEC book and add page numbers as you study for the electrical exam. There are no page numbers on the index now, save time during the electrical test and prepare ahead of time.
Download the PSI Information bulletin, this tells you exactly what will be in the exam. This bulletin will breakdown the subject areas and categories that will appear in the master electrical exam and the journeyman electrical exam. This subject area breakdown is a little vague but there even more resources to help narrow the electrical exam content down.
You should also be studying for the electrical exam with a simulated exam book. We recommend Mike Holt's Exam Preparation book.
As you go through any of these books, highlight and mark your NEC book and index.
- Electrician Test in Texas – Definitions, Calculations, Theory, & Plans
- Calculating a Three Phase Formula for the NEC Test
- Secret to a Successful Electrical Exam Preparation – Free download
- The Beginner-Friendly Guide To Passing the Electrician Exam
- Time management and goal setting for the electrical exam