We are electricians helping electricians excel
What is the secret?
Taking the time to study for the electrical exam is THE secret. If you don’t study for the electrical test you might as well ask the testing center for a failing score and save yourself some time. There are several components to the electrical exam and remember that the test is timed.
The first component is the calculation questions. Both, Master electrical exams and journeyman electrical exams contain calculation questions.
Electrical theory is the second component. You’ll be able to find most of the answers in the NEC and some answers will come from field work.
The secret of a successful electrical exam is
Knowing what content and subject areas to study for is very important for your success. Remember that testing centers allow the NEC but make sure you are using the appropriate and approved book. Make sure to prepare at least 3 months prior to their electrical exam or at least 2 months. You can prepare by taking classes or attending seminars. You can also study out of a practice exam book and with a computer based program.
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime." This is the mantra of our workshops.
All of our students PASS the exam but if you don't pass, we stick with you until you do.
Know the Answers to the electrical exam
We take the mystery out and share secret ways to navigate through the exam. This course is designed to focus specifically on the subject areas included in the state exam. You will go home with 2 weeks' worth of homework to keep practicing what you learned. If you have questions, reach out to us and we will help!
We cover all 10 subject areas and 22 categories that are in the actual exam.
Who Should Attend the electrical exam prep?
Electricians who need to pass the journeyman and master exam.
Electricians who have failed the journeyman and master exam.
Register today to prepare for a new future in the industry!
Take the Next Step!
*Please note, we only have 1 seminar per month*
*To minimize unauthorized drop-ins, we keep the physical location private and will be issued upon reservation. Please allow up to 72 hours for your confirmation e-mail. We appreciate your understanding.*
Download and read the PSI Examinations Bulletin. HERE
By the end of the workshop, you’ll know:
- How to answer calculation questions
- To navigate through the NEC book fast for answers
- How to practice taking exams so you can pass the real exam the 1st time
- Electrical Theory, Plans, and charts
- The NEC exam format and interpretations
- All subject areas in the exam
Seminars in Texas - Calendar
Agenda & Subject Areas covered for the Texas electrical exam
- General Electrical Theory and Math Review
- Definitions, Calculations, Theory and Plans
- Test taking tips and information
- Wiring Methods, Materials, Installations
- Branch Circuits
- Motors and Generators
- AC and Refrigeration Loads
- Grounding and Bonding
- Electrical Services
- Special Occupancies
- Service Equipment and Conditions
- Separately Derived Systems
- Electrical Feeders
- Branch Calculations and Conductors
- Electrical Equipment and Devices
- Electrical Control Devices and Disconnecting Means