The following questions are from “Mike Holt’s Illustrated Guide to Electrical Exam Preparation: Theory • Calculations • Code”, Includes Mike’s NEC Practice Questions Workbook.
Mike explains Theory, Calculations and Code in colorful illustrations and easy to understand chapters.
This book covers
- Electrical Theory
- Electrical Circuits
- Alternating Currents
- Motors and Transformers
- NEC Calculations:
- Raceway and Box Calculations
- Conductor Sizing and Protection
- Voltage Drop Calculations
- Motor and Air Conditioning Calculations
- Dwelling Unit Calculations
- Multifamily Dwelling Calculations
- Commercial Calculations
- Transformer Calculations
- 20 Practice Quizzes
- 5 Practice Exams
Practice on the following questions and try your best to apply the tips and tricks you have learned here on our blogs to find the answers.
Fill out this quick form to get a pdf of these questions with the answer key.
- Underfloor raceways shall be laid so that a straight line from the center of one ______to the center of the next____ coincides with the centerline of the raceway system.
- Termination point, termination point
- Junction box, junction box
- Receptacle, receptacle
- Panelboard, panelboard
- In major repair garages where lighter-than-air gaseous fueled vehicles, such as vehicle fueled by natural gas or hydrogen, are repaired or stored, the area within _____ in. of the ceiling is classified as Class I, Division 2.
- Suitability of identified equipment for use in a hazardous (classified) location shall be determined by:
- Equipment listing or labeling.
- Evidence of equipment evaluation from a qualified testing laboratory or inspection agency concerned with product evaluation.
- Evidence acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction, such as manufacturer’s self-evaluation or an owner’s engineering judgement.
- Any of these.
- Conductors that supply one of more resistance welders shall be protected by an overcurrent device rated or set at not more than _____ percent of the conductor ampacity.
- Nonmetallic wireways shall be permitted for _______.
- Exposed work
- Concealed work
- Wet locations if listed for the purpose
- a and c