*Affiliate Disclosure* Posts within this website may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using affiliate links. We only support affiliates we believe have quality products and services for our readers.
Sign up for our newsletters: Everything NEC Exam Prep! Get weekly updates, tips, tutorials and much more.
Helpful Tip #146
When you’re dealing with an electrical question, the easiest way to find the answer is to:
1. Find the subject of the question.
2. In the NEC book Index, find the word or words that best describe the subject of the question.
3. Finally, list the reference(s) following that word in the index on a piece of scratch paper.
The master electrical exam and the journeyman electrical exam is open book, however not knowing how to identify the correct subject for the correct keywords can become a time trap. Practice ahead of time at least 30 days before your scheduled electrical exam; we recommend Mike Holt's Exam Preparation Guide.
- Navigating Commercial Service Calculations for the Texas Electrician Exam: Understanding Receptacle Load
- Connected Load vs. Demand Load for the Texas Electrician Exam
- Texas Electrician License Exam Prep: Garages and Basements in Load Calculations
- Mastering Three-Phase Transformer Calculations
- Mastering Residential Dwelling Square Footage Lighting Load Calculations in the NEC