*Affiliate Disclosure* Posts within this website may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using affiliate links. We only support affiliates we believe have quality products and services for our readers.
Effective October 1, 2023, the examinations will be referenced to the
2023 NEC Code Book
Sign up for our newsletters: Everything NEC Exam Prep! Get weekly updates, tips, tutorials and much more.
Helpful Tip # 104
Finding the code section as quickly as possible during an exam is truly the key to passing. If you buy yourself a moment or so with 20 to 40 code questions, that time will add up and give you a much better chance to spend quality review time on the calculation questions.
#add page numbers to important articles in the index portion of the NEC Book
#highlight important articles in your index as well
#don't spend too much time on 1 question
#learn to eliminate answers by eliminating the most obviously wrong answer
#use practice exam websites or books to help you learn the Code Book, this will help save you time in the test center.
- Mastering Residential Dwelling Square Footage Lighting Load Calculations in the NEC
- Calculating Residential Dwellings in the Texas Electrical Exam
- The 10 Subjects and 22 Categories on the Texas Electrical Exam
- Texas Electrical Exam Diagnostic Report: Your Key to Success
- Understanding the Texas Electrical Exam Timeline: Don’t Let Your Opportunity Expire