*Affiliate Disclosure* Posts within this website may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a small percentage if you make a purchase using affiliate links. We only support affiliates we believe have quality products and services for our readers.
Effective October 1, 2023, the examinations will be referenced to the
2023 NEC Code Book
Sign up for our newsletters: Everything NEC Exam Prep! Get weekly updates, tips, tutorials and much more.
In the electrical exam there are several subject areas you will be tested on. One of the subject areas is Motors. We all know that article 430 is THE Motors article. Here are 7 Motors articles to read & understand to help you get started:
T430.22 (E) Duty cycle Service (page 329)
430.22 (E) Other Than Continuous Duty
430.32 (A) (page 332) & (C) Overloads (page 333)
T430.52 Breakers/Fuses-Motors (page 335)
430.72 (B) Conductor Protection (page 339)
Maximum Rating of Overcurrent Protective Device in Amperes
T430.248 FLC Single Phase (page 350)
430.250 FLC Three Phase (page 351)
Happy studying! Make sure to read our other blogs which are full of useful information (and FREE) for you.
- Mastering Residential Dwelling Square Footage Lighting Load Calculations in the NEC
- Calculating Residential Dwellings in the Texas Electrical Exam
- The 10 Subjects and 22 Categories on the Texas Electrical Exam
- Texas Electrical Exam Diagnostic Report: Your Key to Success
- Understanding the Texas Electrical Exam Timeline: Don’t Let Your Opportunity Expire