Many guys call the office with the same exact complaint. " I just applied for the electrical license and I have to take the exam but I don't know where to start". Sound familiar? Did you get that postcard in the mail and after a moment of excitement and pride you suddenly realized you have to sit for an exam....and Pass it?! Yes, we have all been there. That's how this company got started... we didn't know where to start either. We asked co workers, we asked bosses, we asked electrical supply stores and everywhere else we could think off. (Google was a baby back then and forget about facebook) After finally finding a class a few hours away and trying to stay awake we realized there should be an easier better way to prepare for the electrical exam.
Flash forward to today. Guys, we have done so much research for so long (since2008) and we are willing to share lots of it with all of you for free! We write blogs for you, put together practice questions and e-mail you updates on what we think is relevant to your electrical exam. All you have to do is read the material. We try to make it short and simple cause we all have places to be, people to take care of.
So, here is a re-cap of 5 blogs you must read to help you get started preparing for the electrical exam. We tell you how to sign up for the test, where to go, what to expect at the testing center and what subject areas to expect on your test. We tell you how to put together a study plan, how to manage your time while you prepare for the electrical exam AND while you are actually taking the electrical exam. We even give you 3 websites that have FREE practice questions so you can start practicing using your code book. Speaking of code books, we show you how to personalize your book and understand the layout of the book!
It's all here guys, and it's all free. If you really and truly want something you have to get up and reach out for it. We are happy to meet you half-way but you have to show up and do your part. Sign up to our newsletters so you can be the first to know when a new blog is posted, you'll be alerted to webinars and seminars and all resources as they become available.
Are you gonna meet us halfway? Alright...start by reading these 5 must read blog articles!!
1. Electrical Exam Prep Tip #143- Information Bulletin
This is step #1 guys, become informed on what should expect when you show up to take the electrical test. Also, you'll see a breakdown and what the master electrical exam covers and what the journeyman electrical exam covers. Don't even think about jumping to the other articles or signing up for a class if you haven't read through this book.
2. Easy Way to Put Together Your Study Plan
If you truly want to make more effective use of you time, planning in advance is the best thing you can do for yourself. A study plan for the electrical exam in writing is the single most effective time management strategy, however only 10% of test takers does it. The other 90% will always walk into the test center asking themselves, “Where did the time go?”
3. The Time Trap: Time Management
Half the battle is answering correctly and the other half is completing the electrical test within the allotted time. Time or lack of, is the biggest pain for the test takers that call us asking for advice.
4. How to Use your T/H 2014 NEC Book
The 2014 NEC book will not magically help you pass the exam. You might think this is so pointless but let me tell you, a large percentage of our students came into the seminars not knowing a lick about the code book. We tell you how to personalize your book and use to your advantage during your electrical exam.
5. 3 Practice Exam Sites You Can’t Live Without (can but shouldn’t)
We searched high and low for websites that met our criteria and were able to find the following practice exam sites. The point of practice exams is to get you to find the articles for answers fast in your book. The faster and more familiar you become with the book, the better chance of passing you will have
If you have any questions, please feel free to send us an e-mail and we’ll get back to you. As always, if you have any exam prep tips you feel could be used on this website, send us and e-mail so we can share your tips with other electricians.
Thank you for reading.
Don’t forget to sign up for our bi-weekly email newsletters for electrical exam tips, seminar dates, industry updates and exam alerts. *We hate spam and will not share, sell or abuse of your e-mail address*